Governors promote effective ways of teaching and learning when setting the school aims and policies. They do this together with the head teacher, who is responsible for the day-to-day management of the school.
Governing boards are accountable to parents, the local community and the Local Authority. Appointments are for three or usually for four years. The governing board's main role is to help raise pupils' standards of achievement.
The Governing Board:
- is accountable for the performance of the school to parents and the wider community
- plans the school's future direction
- selects the head teacher
- makes decisions on the school's budget and staffing including the performance management policy
- makes sure the agreed Curriculum is well taught
- decides how the school can encourage pupils' spiritual, moral and cultural development
- makes sure the school provides for all pupils including those with special needs.
Mrs Pam Burgess
Chair of Governors
Mrs Julie Simmons
Mrs Val Morrel
Mrs Farah Rajan
Mr Phil Reynolds
Mr Jon Marlow
Mr Seb Browne
Vice Chair of Governors
Mrs Kay Leggett
Mr Dan Tarrant
Mr Alan Barber
Clerk to the Governors